Monday, July 04, 2005

Recap of the Fourth of July weekend

I am sitting here eating a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream and reflecting over our long weekend. Thinking back over it, I realize we didn't do alot but we had really relaxing fun family time.



Friday, was a beautiful day so I took the kids to the zoo. Beka and Jared love that place. The favorite exhibits this time were the frogs and the really big turtle.


Saturday, we played Jared's new favorite game that we all have parts in. Jared says, " I ogre...you(pointing to me) dragon....Beka princess( he gets an adorable smile when he says this)...you ( pointing to Daddy) donkey". Then we basically play tag and run around the yard. Sometimes Beka will go lie down on the patio so that Jared has to come rescue her.


Sunday as usual was church day. Then we all relaxed with naps. Andrew treated me by taking the kids to the playground and Mommy got to stay home alone. Ahhhh....I do so appreciate my husband.


Today, we played outside. We didn't go to any of the fireworks shows...the loud explosions stilll seem to bother the kids. We did, however, watch some of the shows on TV. Jared just loves the music. I hope to keep instilling that appreciation in him. In the middle of one of the shows, Beka asks, "did you know that God made us?"
I responded, "Yes, Beka He did." Beka then informs me, "He did it all by himself. His daddy didn't even help him or his mommy." It amazes me what both of my children glean from what I perceive to be an innocent conversation.

No comments: