Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Adventure

Today the kids and I decided to be explorers. I took them to a nearby park that is huge. Instead of playing at the playground, we started walking and exploring. We walked over bridges and saw the creek. We visited a small house that was reminiscent of Chinese architecture. Explorer Beka pointed out leaves and discovered a water fountain. Explorer Jared found sticks and birds. We walked through the "jungle" (a path through the trees). They had an incredible time and learned alot about nature too.
Then when we arrived home there were some police officers in the neighborhood. So we went down and I explained how police officers help us. We had the opportunity to look inside the car. The officers were very nice and talked to Beka and Jared. I think it is really good for them not to be scared of the police. I want Beka and Jared to feel comfortable talking to law enforcement in case they ever need help.
So it was a morning full of adventure.

No comments: