Monday, December 26, 2005

The Christmas Season

We were involved in a lot of activities over the past couple of weeks. It started off with Beka's Christmas program at preschool on the 15th. Beka was dressed in her Christmas dress and then she was dressed as an angel. All the kids did a wonderful job singing. Afterwards everyone enjoyed some cookies.

On the 20th, Jared and I attended Beka's Christmas party at school. We made stocking ornaments and played put Baby Jesus in the manager (kinda like pin the tail on the donkey). Jared really enjoyed being part of the class. Oh there was also a storyteller who told the story of the mice in the the tale The Night Before Christmas. The mice wanted a Christmas tree but it had to be very small because mice live in tiny little holes.

We spent Christmas Eve with Andrew's family. The kids received some very nice gifts as did Andrew and I. Christmas Eve dinner was served at his grandpa's house. All the cousin played well together and the food was delicious. Andrew and I really appreciated the time we got to spend with the extended family. We attended the Children's Church program with the family also.

Christmas Day was spent with my parents and brother. Andrew made omelets and I am taking everyone else's word for it that they were good. (Eggs = yuck)

My family is very blessed. We have so much extended family that give us so much. I can't even begin to list here all we received in gifts and in blessings. It was so nice to be with everyone as we celebrated Jesus' birth.

And one picture just because my kids are cute.

No comments: