Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Snow and forts

Today winter officially started in Illinois in my opinion.  We woke up to snow flurries that continued off and on all day.  Nothing accumulated, but it was enough for me to decided that winter is here.  The kids were overly excited when they discovered it was snowing.  They really wanted to go outside, so out we went.

Jared decided this afternoon to build a fort out of some old cushions in the basement.  He declared that he had a garage door and front door.  He played down there for a very long time.

On a side note, when did my daughter decide she was going to be all girl?  Beka has always been into princesses and dress-up, but she could also play in the mud and get dirty.  Over the last two weeks that has all changed.  Now she only wants to wear dresses and doesn't want to get dirty.  I am not ready for this, but I want her to be herself.  So....I guess I should buy some more dresses.
 

No comments: